Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My September Goals

(Thanks to the Modish Biz Tips blog for inspiring me to do this. You guys are such an awesome resource!)

Ah, where do I even start? I have a million things in my head that I feel like I need to take care of before I open my Etsy shop, but getting overwhelmed with these thoughts is getting in the way of my progress. At least I can confidently say August was pretty productive. I've finally made it to the point where I'm able to photograph things, and I thought I might never get there. Okay, September. Here we go.

September Business Goals

  1. Start listing items in my Etsy shop this coming Friday (!!!).
  2. Embroider more. Get at least 5 embroidered clutches listed this month.
  3. Get my accounting system in place before it get's too backed up & scary.
  4. Blog at least 4 times a week & use Twitter more often. (a.k.a. Stop being so damn antisocial!)
  5. Design some super rad business cards & have them printed.
  6. Practice yoga at least once a week. On Monday for sure. I mean it!
September Personal Goals
  1. Post Craigslist ads: Condo, couch, dining room set.
  2. Find an awesome temporary place to rent with the boyfriend.
  3. Spend more time with the kitty children.
  4. Get rid of clothes & useless junk so moving won't be so painful. Purge more, dammit!
Well, those all sound pretty doable, right? I can't wait to report back in October to let you all know how successful September was!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Amber
    Great goals - both personal and business ones - hope you have a great September!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list of goals. This is my first month doing the Modish Biz Tips goals and I love reading everyone's lists! Good luck!

    Kristin
    http://kristinburnsbabyphoto.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz - Thanks! I hope I can make a nice dent in my list by next month. Hope you have a great September, too!

    Kristin - It's nice to meet another newbie. Looks like updating Twitter more often is a common goal. Hope you have a successful month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new Etsy shop (a little early)! I need to get back into practicing yoga too. I'll have to add that to my personal list. Good luck this month, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Hooray for your new etsy shop, and having a new beginning right in September, the prime time for new things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good list! I need to go out more, but I just don't have the time

    vivs
    www.polkadotrobot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have such cute cats! best of luck to us both on meeting our sept goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everybody!

    RiverDog - Yay for yoga! Hope you get back into practice, too.

    Anna - Isn't September great? I think it's finally cooling down enough that I'm not too hot to be productive.

    Vivs - Polka Dot Robot is the cutest name EVER. :)

    Journey of Love - Yes, good luck! Glad you like my kitties. I love them to pieces.

    ReplyDelete